Sunday, September 30, 2012

Watercolor Christmas Card


I made the background for this card last year, but was not sure how I wanted to use it.  I saw them sitting on my desk this weekend and I am pretty happy how the completed cards turned out.  It is hard to tell in the pictures but I used watercolor paper and embossed it with an Embossing Folder.  Then I used Distress Ink to color the paper.  Once I had the color like I wanted it I used Perfect Pearls Mist to saturate the paper.  Once it dries it has a beautiful shine to it and the variation of color is gorgeous!  I used the Spellbinders Labels Twenty Five and stamped a sentiment from Stampin Up, Christmas Lodge and I added some Stickles to the leaves.  For a finishing touch I added some black ribbon and tied a bow!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.